Galleriffic is a dynamic photo gallery designed to handle a high volume of photos with ease. The latest version, Galleriffic 1.0, comes packed with an array of new features that make it even more powerful and user-friendly.
New Features in Galleriffic 1.0
- Compatibility with jQuery 1.3: Galleriffic has been updated to work seamlessly with jQuery 1.3.
- New transition events: Custom transitions can now be plugged in, opening up creative possibilities for image transitions and a more modular approach to extending Galleriffic.
- Slideshow auto-start setting: This allows the slideshow to start automatically upon loading the gallery.
- Options to disable history and URL hash: The gallery can now be customized to exclude these features if desired.
- Image loading support: An element can be displayed while waiting for an image to load, such as an image loader animated GIF.
- Improved thumbnail handling: Thumbnails are now simply shown/hidden instead of being rebuilt, allowing for any custom HTML to be used as a thumbnail.
- Caption element: The invalid HTML attributes “description” and “original” have been replaced with an optional caption element that can contain any custom HTML.
- Slideshow toggle hyperlink: The toggle slideshow span has been changed to a hyperlink for better accessibility.
Image Generation with Galleriffic and jAlbum
Galleriffic does not automatically generate thumbnails and slides. However, the jAlbum tool complements Galleriffic seamlessly. jAlbum is an excellent tool for image processing and generation, and the Galleriffic jAlbum skin can be used to create personal galleries.
After installing jAlbum and the Galleriffic jAlbum skin, simply choose the source image directory and an output directory, click “Make Album”, and voilà! You will have a complete HTML gallery with three different size versions of each image.
Visit the Galleriffic website for more information and to download the latest version of this powerful photo gallery. With Galleriffic 1.0, managing and displaying your large collection of photos has never been easier or more customizable.