Say hello to Galleriffic 2.0.
For first time readers, Galleriffic is a jQuery photo gallery optimized to handle high volumes of photos while conserving bandwidth. h0bbel has posted a nice read on some of the benefits of Galleriffic over other photo gallery scripts.
- Keyboard Navigation
- Support for synchronized transitions (image cross-fades)
- Ability to add or remove images after the gallery is initialized
- Support for custom hash identifiers (when using history)
- Better API to make it easier to customize
- Smarter pagination
- Integration with the jquery.history plugin for history support
Warnings to users attempting to upgrade from version 1.0
- The onChange event in 1.0 has been renamed to onSlideChange.
- All transition event handlers have new signatures, so you will need to make sure to update any transition event handlers you have implemented.
- Using synchronized transitions requires changes to your stylesheet – primarily the additional of relative and absolutely positioning so that two images can occupy the same space at the same time.
There are now 5 examples, each builds on the previous. For a visual treat, check out the last example, whose colors I inverted.